Welcome to the Music Processing Suite Website!
Music Processing Suite (MPS) is a software system for advanced symbolic music processing consisting of the following components:
News and Updates
Music Processing Suite 1.1.0 was released on April 8, 2018.
- Configuration for score generation is now managed for each input file individually in launch configurations
- Improved support for chord symbols in MusicXML files
- Score compiler automatically detects if two piano staves are used and produces a suitable piano staff layout
- Added score generation option to omit instrument names at the left hand side of the staves
- Added option to export analysis log files
- Added option to export analysis results for each file when analyzing multiple compositions
- Improved documentation and screenshots for configuring analysis, score generation, LaTeX and GraphViz
- Fixed pitch resolution logics relative to harmonic context
- Fixed serialization issues when writing to the same file more than once
- Internal optimizations of harmony and key analysis, fixes a problem where harmonic progression data was not exported when performing global analysis
- Fixed a bug in SuperCollider compiler which sometimes caused the tempo to become zero
- Fixed NullPointerExceptions when evaluating configuration options
- Fixed various Exceptions in analysis code in corner cases
- Fixed NullArgumentException when analyzing lyrics which occurred if words are not terminated correctly in MusicXML files
- Include MIDI files when scanning corpus contents recursively (before, only MusicXML files were taken into account)
- Improved String representations of model elements, added missing information to harmony representations
the very first official version of Music Processing Suite was released today. Version 1.0.0 can now be downloaded from this website.
In the hope that the software will be useful for musicians and scientists, I am very curious to hear what you think about MPS and if you have any ideas, thoughts or suggestions. Please comment on the mailing list or write me a mail directly.