Music Processing Suite 1.9.0 was released on June 27, 2021.
MPS now runs on Apple Silicon (64-bit ARM-based Macs).
New Features and Enhancements:
- Upgraded Eclipse platform to version 2021-06 (4.20)
- Provide version for 64-bit ARM Macs (M1 processors)
- Analysis View Enhancements:
- Redundant resource tree was removed from the view resulting in much more space; resources can now be seleted directly in the project explorer
- Analysis view can be opened from the context menu of any *.csv file (before this was only possible on the folder containing the analysis data)
- Added new columns “end time” and “end measure” to sentiment analysis result files
- Improved order of columns in sentiment analysis result files
- Added generation of simplified harmony progression graphs
- Changed graph file names from “chord progression” to “harmony progression”
- Visualization of file paths in the corpus was improved in the search result view
- Added documentation for command line parameters enabling to run MPS with Java 16
- Updated analysis feature documentation
- Fixed an issue which caused search results not to be refreshed on subsequent searches
- Top-level search results can now be double-clicked in order to open the score (e.g. in MuseScore)
- Fixed an encoding issue with sentiment analysis using CoreNLP as backend which occurred when analyzing non-English lyrics
- The order of the columns in sentiment analysis result files has changed. In order to visualize sentiment analysis results correctly, the analysis has to be run again with the new version of the software.