Music Processing Suite 1.5.1 was released on September 22, 2019.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Charts / plots / graphs displayed in the analysis results view can now be exported as
- Added option to enable/disable implicit harmony analysis (derives harmonies from simultaneously audible pitches)
- Added new harmony-related extraction features:
- Simplified Harmony Distribution
- Harmony Duration Distribution
- Harmony Distribution Dependent on Beat
- Harmony Distribution Dependent on Duration
- Simplified Implicit Harmony Distribution
- Implicit Harmony Change Beat Distribution
- Implicit Harmony Duration Distribution
- Implicit Harmony Circle of Fifths Distance Distribution
- Implicit Harmony Distribution Dependent on Duration
- Simplified Implicit Harmony Distribution Dependent on Duration
- Harmony plot axes are now sorted according to the circle of fifths, both in the MPS UI and PDF analysis reports
- Added export of note/rest/measure count analysis data
- Added export of instrument-related analysis data
- Improved capitalization of analysis result folder, report folder and report file name.
- Progress view is automatically opened for potentially long-running jobs
- Added documentation for analysis results browser view
- Added overview table for all available analysis features in the documentation
- Added documentation for algorithmic composition and crossover features
- Improved documentation for run configurations in general
- Improved Context-sensitive search UI labels
- Several issues regarding harmony plots were fixed. The harmony to axis position mapping was enhanced.
- Analysis result view in MPS can now generate plots even if CSV file data is escaped for LaTeX processing
- Score option “Omit Short Instrument Names” only worked for non-percussion instruments, this now affects percussion staves as well
- Added automatic adjustment of
short-indentin LilyPond files if short instruments name overflow pages
- Fixed a problem regarding measure alignment in context layer models
NullPointerExceptionwhen merging implicit harmony data in case implicit harmony analysis is disabled
- Fitness function configurations were not found when running an evolutionary composition for the first time. The related resource refresh problem was fixed.
- The capitalization of folder and file names was adjusted for analysis result folders (
*_Analysis) and analysis report folders/files (
*_Analysis_Report). If you have existing anylsis folders containing
_reportand re-run analysis jobs, an error will occur because Eclipse resource names are not case-sensitive. In this case, you have to either rename your resource names to
_Report, respectively, or delete the existing folders before you run the analysis or report generation again.